Introduction to Azure Service Bus for MSMQ users
A short 5 parts Introduction. Since it was written for people who already have some MSMQ experience, it's a distilled way to get you started.
- Part 1 - Introduction
- What's a namespace, intro about Azure Service Bus queues and messages.
- Part 2 - Topics and subscriptions
- Publish-subscribe messaging pattern and how that's different from plain old queue we already know from MSMQ.
- Part 3 - More about queues
- Deadletter, partition and session queues.
- Part 4 - More about messages
- Deferred and scheduled messages, what is Delivery Count and how to handle message priority.
- Part 5 - Developer's perspective
- Which APIs to use from .Net, two modes of receiving messages, and something about batch operations and transactions.